July 22, 2010

Simple Stir Fry





What to do with a zucchini, bell peppers, and onion you say? Stir fry!
These ingredients were sitting in my kitchen, teasing me with their quickly approaching expiration date. This dish is a great way to incorporate colorful veggies without feeling like you are chomping on raw produce. You can make this with any vegetables but this is what I had on hand. I took one medium sized zucchini, a red bell pepper, a green bell pepper, a small onion, and went to work. Dice the vegetables and put them in a skillet over medium heat with 1 TBSP of canola oil. If you don't have this handy then olive oil will work, it's harder to heat though unless you use extra virgin. Stir the contents with a spatula, season with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and whatever seasonings you fancy. I added 1-2 Tablespoon of soy sauce. You could use teriyaki if you are not a fan. I continued to stir these for about ten minutes. I added grilled chicken to this. It made for a very fresh, light, and colorful meal. You could serve over rice, pasta, or tortillas.

I will be trying this on Hudson tonight, I will let you know how it goes......

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Still waiting for Hudson's verdict? :)