July 22, 2010

Absence

I am such a flake for making a blog and then taking a hiatus! Sorry for all of those people who are on the edge of their seats waiting for my next post. (that was sarcasm) Nursing school has taken over life for the past two weeks. We are currently in the grand finale of our first year that has fondly been named "boot camp." It is comprised of three days in a row of 12 hour shifts, and then a conference on the 4th day. This hasn't been all that bad, and is truly the work schedule of a floor nurse, however, when I arrive home in the evenings, the thought of opening my computer, or cooking for that matter does not even cross my mind. There was one point this week where Hudson got home and I was lying on the floor of our living room, in my pjs, in a blanket, with Bear on top of me..... and he made me some left over hamburger. It was a sad scene. I couldn't even heat up the hamburger.

No comments: