August 28, 2010

The Cookie



In the midst of all of these posts I have been dishonest with you all. The previous posts would lead you to believe that I don't have a sweet tooth.... this is more than false. When my mom got Hudson and I Easter baskets filled with Reese's cups, I had to have Hudson hide them from me, after which I preceded to climb on top of the fridge trying to find them, and I mean fully on top of our fridge. I have pretty good will power but once I start, I literally cannot stop, thus I went on my search for the healthy yet delectable cookie.

There are plenty of wonderful bakers in both my family and especially in Hudson's and I would like to challenge everyone to try out this recipe. I know that there will be some who are skeptical to this butter-less recipe but it is surprisingly delicious! You can just use the base and then add your own favorite addendum, whether that's dark chocolate or dried fruit that's up to you!



White Chocolate Blueberry Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups of whole wheat flour - this brown flour is great for you, though it costs a little more
1/2 cup of oats - this is with the oatmeal in the grocery store
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of blueberry infused Craisins
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup of apple sauce
1 tsp baking soda

Directions
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together
2. Mix all of the wet ingredients together and slowly add to the dry bowl while mixing
3. Place dough in 1 inch balls on cookie sheet and cook 7-10 minutes on 350 F
4. Eat and Share

The ingredients of this recipe really aren't that bad for you so you shouldn't feel bad about indulging! To make this even "healthier" use dark chocolate chips 65% or higher for the antioxidant benefits.

No comments: